Experimental OS development using D

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Jan 2 06:11:37 PST 2007

Harry Vennik wrote:

> The OS should consist of a microkernel similar to L4, to be written in C
> (as much as possible) and Assembly (where necessary). And any number of
> services running on top of it, all to be written in D. It should be an OS
> that is inspired on UNIX, but not be a real UNIX implementation. Rather it
> should feel like an evolution of the UNIX-way of doing things.

Why would you want to write the kernel itself in C? AFAIK, there is no real
problem in coding the kernel itself in D too.

I'm not going to volunteer on this project, but I wish you good luck. Source
distributions would be so much more interesting with a language as quickly
compiled as D.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net