Announcing a new library

Charles D Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 2 15:48:52 PST 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote:
> I'm curious :) :
>
>..
>
> Was it deliberately kept secret? (I never heard of it before today, and
> I can't find any mention of it on the DSource forums)
> If so, why? Was it meant as a "D 1.0 release" present to Walter and/or
> the D community?

It was announced on the list, and contributors were solicited.
  (I'm not sure the name was mentioned.)
I was, for a brief while, a member, and contributed a bit of
documentation that may have survived.  Unfortunately, I needed
to keep other commitments, and needed Phobos installed.  (I
wonder if it's now possible to have both Phobos and Tango
installed at the same time?)

OTOH, they didn't want a lot of pre-release publicity.