DSSS Source Management Interface and version 0.12 release

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:06:53 PST 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> DSSS, the D Shared Software System, is a tool to ease the building,
> installation, configuration and acquisition of D software.
>
> DSSS 0.12 fixes some minor problems compiling with DMD 1.00 and GDC
> 0.21, as well as a strange bug linking against libraries with
> DMD+Windows (which may have been related to DMD 1.00, but I'm not
> confident).
>
> Also notable is that DSSS now has a source management interface, which
> means that the process of publishing your D software to the master DSSS
> source list is now quite a bit easier. The site is http://dsss.codu.org/
> . To manage sources there, you simply need to register, then register
> with me the name of your project (yes, there is still that one manual
> step involved), and then you can edit your section of the master
> source.list whenever and however you please, through the web interface.
> It handles updating the master repository.
>
> Hopefully the addition of the SMI will make people a bit more willing to
> start making their D software available via `dsss net` :)
>
>  - Gregor Richards

I have posted some questions in the png thread but figured this is a
better place.

I'm embarrassed to have to ask, but I couldn't figure out what is the
recommended way to 'install' libraries not registered with the net
install. Do I just put them in the appropiate paths under the dsss path,
or are there more steps involved to let dsss know about them? The net
install works flawless out of the box, amazing stuff.

I have registered with the SMI interface btw, as I understand the name
of the project is already there I just have to wait for you to set
permissions?