DSSS Source Management Interface and version 0.12 release

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Fri Jan 5 20:11:01 PST 2007

Lutger wrote:
> Gregor Richards wrote:
>> If it hasn't been set up to build with dsss, then it's a bit of a
>> bigger problem :)
>

> Ah okay. Then do you recommend to use bud alongside with dsss or is
> there a way to set up things to build with dsss that are not already
> configured that way? I was under the impression that dsss would replace
> / incorporate bud at this moment already.

DSSS actually uses bud.

If there's a bud configuration file, it's as easy as:

dsss build <bud-config-file>

Or, you can:

dsss build <source-file-with-main-function>

OR, you can make a dsss.conf, which is really quite simple:

name=tool_name
[some_source_file_with_main.d]
[some_package_to_make_a_library]

etc, etc

The main problem is, since bu[il]d provides no conventions for the
actual /installation/ of software, any method short of making a
dsss.conf can only allow you to compile it, not install it. If that's
all you need, there's your solution.

  - Gregor Richards