Hyridia Project

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sat Jan 13 07:25:27 PST 2007

Laurent Dubuisson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At this beginning of year 2007, the Hyridia project is ready to take its
> take-off on a finally stabilized basis.
>
> I thus allow myself to solicit you after being looking the D languages
> for a while now but never really started to use it.

Thank you for your interest in D for this project!

The people here may, however, not be representative of the qualities I
see as essential for what you are looking for. We are interested in
programming, programming languages, the D programming language in
particular, and are strong advocates of it, of course.

I believe your target audience would be interested in business
processes, the modeling of such, the abstract conceptualization of
internal relationships between parts of the enterprise model, database
theory, and business process reengineering as applied within the
enterprise computing system as a whole.

Hmm, mighty buzzwords again. In practice this means that neither enough
people, nor enough interest in them can be found here, IMHO. And at any
rate, actual computer programming (such as using D) is only a small part
of the job. People here want to do most or all of their participation in
any project by programming (in D).

Where to go then? Maybe a business university, or a technical university
with a business computing department would be a better choice for you?
Students there might feel more at home with the issues Hydridia is about.

Incidentally, D may be less known there, but I must say it definitely is
a better choice than C or C++ /especially/ for people whose main
interest is not computer programming itself.