[OT] Funny meaningless descriptions

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sat Jan 13 07:58:45 PST 2007

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> kris escribió:
>
>> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> LOL -- that's the funniest thing I've seen since the "Speak Server"
>> went offline. Nice one !
>

> You should see my paper if you liked that:
> http://www.mazziblog.com.ar/blogarchivosposts/paper.html

Interesting. I've seen a lot of similar (but serious!) efforts in my
academic years. Sometimes I wanted to cry when it was a fellow student,
or later any of my students.

In your paper I found this particularly amusing: "Note that fiber-optic
cables have smoother median hit ratio curves than do refactored web
browsers."

And I'd like to read " Bose, S.: Architecting courseware using Bayesian
epistemologies."

The authors of this one, "[11] Hawking, S., Tarjan, R., Lucarella, L.,
Estrin, D., and Gupta, a. Beleave: Self-learning, lossless theory. In
Proceedings of the Conference on Real-Time Models  (Aug. 1999)." must
have had a particularly good time together writing this.  ;-)