Implementation of C++0x's "future" syntax

Daniel Keep daniel.keep+lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 18:59:54 PST 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote:
> I _really_ think FutureResult!() should be heap-allocated. If you want,
> you can even make it a class derived from Thread so no extra allocations
> need to be made.

*Bangs head*

Of course, you're absolutely right.  *Curses.*  I suppose the easiest
way to solve it is to turn FutureResult into a class so that it's
heap-allocated.  You're right I could use a subclass of Thread, but I
don't want to expose anything other than the .value/.wait method

Pity, too, since thanks to that optimisation, this would have actually
been pretty efficient :3

	-- Daniel