Implementation of C++0x's "future" syntax

Daniel Keep daniel.keep+lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 19:02:02 PST 2007

Kevin Bealer wrote:
> Dang, you beat me to it.

Yesss; finally, I beat someone to something :3

> I've been working on this for couple of weeks myself.  I have an implementation I
> was thinking of putting up on dsource or somewhere in the next day or two.  Its a
> bit different though, I wrote a thread pool and some other stuff for it.  I'll
> mention something here when I get it posted.
>
> Kevin

Sounds good.  Mine was just a quick little proof of concept.  I think
that for something like this to be really efficient, it does need a
thread pool.  Honestly, I've been waiting to see what Tango contains
before I go and write my own :P

Since I'm going to have to move over to heap allocation (bangs head
again), I was wondering: do you use stack allocation, or a custom
allocator for small objects?

	-- Daniel