Hyridia Project

Laurent Dubuisson skaith_a at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 02:36:40 PST 2007

Georg Wrede wrote:
> Thank you for your interest in D for this project!
>
> The people here may, however, not be representative of the qualities I
> see as essential for what you are looking for. We are interested in
> programming, programming languages, the D programming language in
> particular, and are strong advocates of it, of course.
>
> I believe your target audience would be interested in business
> processes, the modeling of such, the abstract conceptualization of
> internal relationships between parts of the enterprise model, database
> theory, and business process reengineering as applied within the
> enterprise computing system as a whole.

Hi Georg,

Sure.

I post here because I convinced that business people needs can only be
balanced by IT reality. And that I'm looking for people that know the
programming language better than I.

Sure it could be looked like a buzz word on the IT side but on the
business side it is relevant.

> Hmm, mighty buzzwords again. In practice this means that neither enough
> people, nor enough interest in them can be found here, IMHO. And at any
> rate, actual computer programming (such as using D) is only a small part
> of the job. People here want to do most or all of their participation in
> any project by programming (in D).

That's why I was expecting from this post, but I think I present badly
the point. The programming part is not so little.

This need will be many clearer :
********************************
Hyridia is looking for D skilled (or willing to learn) people in order
to build a enterprise class solution.

The solution will be based on XML treatment and data consolidation.
The storage may be an Object Oriented Database (need to be validated).
The UI will be on a XML and OpenGL (Element ?) interface (need to be
validated).

********************************

> Where to go then? Maybe a business university, or a technical university
> with a business computing department would be a better choice for you?
> Students there might feel more at home with the issues Hydridia is about.
Right, I have contact on this side too. The problem is that sometimes
uni are more involved on the reasearch side rather than on the business
side : find out to solve and prototype...not building a business real
use solution.

I think both are a complement. Many ideas found in the uni side but
needed to be set-up in the development side.

And to finish, thanks for the D languages.

Regards,
Laurent.