Pyd RC1

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Jan 18 21:20:50 PST 2007

Kirk McDonald wrote:
> Well, since releasing versions seems to be all the rage these days, I've
> decided to release Pyd Release Candidate 1.
>
> Downloads may be made form dsource:
> http://dsource.org/projects/pyd/browser/downloads/celerid-RC1.zip?format=raw
>
> http://dsource.org/projects/pyd/browser/downloads/celerid-RC1.tar.bz2?format=raw
>

> (CeleriD is Pyd's build utility, and an extension to Python's distutils.
> It was originally written by David Rushby, but I have taken over
> maintenance of it since integrating it with Pyd.)
>
> After extracting the archive, simply run
>     python setup.py install
> as root.
>
> Documentation (also included in the distribution):
>     http://pyd.dsource.org
> Forums:
>     http://dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=95
> Trac:
>     http://dsource.org/projects/pyd/

Looking good!
After reading a tutorial about Enthought's TraitsUI[1], I've been been
thinking Python UI + D for core algorithms would be a pretty killer
combo for rapid prototyping.  PyD looks like it makes that combo quite
feasible.

All the pyd examples worked great for me.

[1]http://gael-varoquaux.info/computers/traits_tutorial/traits_tutorial.html

--bb