DMD 1.002 release

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Thu Jan 25 01:51:25 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Lionello Lunesu wrote:
>> My problem's still not solved :(
>>
>> String constants are pointing to wrong data at run-time. For example,
>> std.string.split(a,"\t"), the "\t" points to random data.
>>
>> I cannot seem to isolate it, and it works fine with 1.00.
>
> Try running the split earlier in the program.

Here's some code that reproduces the problem. Note: the order of the
modules on the dmd command line is important!

Also, the main module (m.d) does not use anything from the other two
modules, but without them it works. Those two modules don't have static
ctor/dtor, nor unittests.

You should get:
Error: AssertError Failure m(9)

L.