Movie Tutorials for the D Programming Language

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Fri Jul 6 19:05:58 PDT 2007

Pragma wrote:
> Matthias Thurau wrote:
>> Pragma Wrote:
>>
>>> One small critique, you may want to change the "Programming in D"
>>> title text to a more contrasting color, or simply move it up by a few
>>> pixels:
>>>
>>> uberschrift{
>>>     padding-top: 22px; /* just an example */
>>>     color: #000; /* also just an example */
>>> }
>>>
>>> Sky blue on olive is really hard to read, IMO.
>>>
>>> This is a great concept.  Thanks for putting this online.
>>>
>>> --
>>> - EricAnderton at yahoo
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What Browser are you Using? Normally there should be any blue on
>> green. In Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and on Firefox it looks like
>> this:
>> http://data.whosme.de/dwhosmede/dwhosmede.jpg
>>
>> bye
>>

> I'm using Firefox 1.5, and I'm seeing the exact same thing as in that
> screenshot. :)

I think it's not so much a problem of light blue over olive green (which
also would be hard to read) but a problem of light blue text over the
light gray gradient right above the band of olive green.

The fact that the heading is hard to read due to choice of poorly
contrasting overlapping colors seems pretty obvious to me (and
apparently others), but if you don't see it and don't feel a need to
make the suggested 1-line change to the style file, then it's not the
end of the world.

Otherwise it's a very nice looking design, and it's very cool of you to
put together the website and the tutorials.

--bb