dsss net install tango

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Sun Jul 22 11:56:27 PDT 2007

Graham MacDonald wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> You must be using OSX.  And I suppose you're also the first OSX user
>> to try compiling the Semaphore module :-)  It's fixed in the SVN trunk
>> now, and it will be in tomorrow's snapshot as well.
>
> Ok, thanks.  I installed it now, seemingly without any errors.  If I
> take the most simple tango app:
>
> import  tango.io.Console;
>
> void    main()
> {
>    Cout("Hello, World").newline;
> }
>

> and build it with 'gdc d.d', I get:
>
> d.d:1: module Console cannot read file 'tango/io/Console.d'
>
> Should I be passing any additional arguments into gdc?  I'm sure I'll
> need to link the usual libs, but I haven't got to that stage yet :-)
>
> graham

When Tango is installed via DSSS, the easiest way to compile against it
is also via DSSS. It doesn't put it in GDC's include path because GDC's
include path changes version-to-version, so it's in <prefix>/include/d.
Anyway, if you do dsss build d.d, that should build it no problem.

  - Gregor Richards