Coming IO features in Tango

Paul Findlay r.lph50+d at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:41:32 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Fibers/Coroutines are useful in that they vastly simplify the creation
> of state machines in many cases.  They certainly aren't suitable for
> every task, but I think they have enough general utility that they
> should be available to the user.

Are fibers able to take advantage of the machine's cache any better than
swapping threads (with their dramatically larger stack space) in and out? I
sort of imagine a whole bunch of fibres allocated in a contiguous block of
memory are going to be much better off than a whole bunch of threads
allocated in a similar manner and doing a similar job. Unfortunately I have
nil experience with fibers and therefore no way to validate this :)

 - Paul