DMD 1.019 and 2.003 releases

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Wed Jul 25 06:00:41 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> The problem with explicit casts is that they are a brute force method,
> and subvert static type checking. A well designed systems allows a
> balance between implicit casting and strong type checking so that
> explicit casts are rarely needed in properly written programs.

I agree, but on a side note, shouldn't D's cast() operator be used
exclusively to subvert *static* type checking?
(Since currently it's also used to check the runtime type of class,
instead of a separate construct like Java's 'instanceof', C#'s 'is', or
C++'s 'dynamic_cast')

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student