resizeable arrays: T[new]

Downs default_357-line at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 4 05:50:19 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> T{} = new T[10];
>
> Probably breaks context freeness or something, but I like it if for no
> other reason than the braces are shift-[ shift-] on the US keyboard.
> It's also easy to type, and it's a nice mnemonic for array with
> augmented capabilities.

I missed that in my original reply. {} are slightly harder to
type than [] on german keyboards, because all the braces require the use of the alt-gr key (just right of space).
This means [] is .. doable, but quickly typing {} requires quite a bit of finger stretching.
(I usually put the thumb on alt-gr and reach over it with the index digit, and .. well, { is the alt-gr usage of the 7 key. Acrobatics! :D )
  -- downs