DMD 1.015 release

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Jun 6 14:10:20 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Aziz K. wrote:
>> Thanks for the release. Could you perhaps give us some information
>> about how far you are with D2.0? E.g. branching the documentation, the
>> compiler; implementing const/invariant/final, making Phobos
>> const-correct etc. Can we expect a release next week? :-)
>
> I keep finding more problems, so I'm not sure when it will be ready.

Like I said, you've it only been a month so far.  And this is the most
sweeping change to D I've ever been around for.  Even between "ordinary"
releases, that *don't* change the whole game and *don't* require big
changes to Phobos, 2-month gaps have not been uncommon.  Given that,
I'll be tickled pink if we see const-D any sooner than 2 months from now.

--bb