DMD 2.000 alpha release

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jun 17 22:46:19 PDT 2007

This is an alpha release to try out the const/final/invariant stuff.

The current definition of string is:

	alias const(char)[] string;

Andrei has argued strongly to make it invariant. I think he's probably
right, and that change might happen next.

The documentation isn't thorough, I don't want to spend too much time on
it until I'm sure we've got the design right.

Treat this as an alpha release. Although it passes its test suite, I'm
sure there are plenty of bugs remaining. Phobos also has not been
thoroughly gone through to put const/final in all the right places.

See http://www.digitalmars.com/d/final-const-invariant.html

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.000.zip

Expect changes to this. Much more to come! For stability, I recommend
sticking with the 1.0 series, which I will maintain with bug fixes.