DMD 2.000 alpha release

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:25:23 PDT 2007

MicroWizard wrote:
> Walter!
>
> I have been following the evolution of D for at least five years.
> Nowadays all of my personal projects are written in D. No exception.
> Seeing D 1.00 was great in January. After it 1.013 (maybe 014) with struct literals was the last thing I ever needed from D.
>
> BUT: This 2.000 and it's 'features' looks like your are joking.
> Stop it! Bullshit! Const string is the worst thing I ever heard.
>
> D is great dealing char arrays, slicing, COW and soon. Let it so.
>
> If you have no idea what to do, please wait! No need to hurry!
>
> D do not have to copy bad ideas from Java and C#!
> MicroShit developers WILL NOT use D even it supports const.
>
> I do not want to hurt You, Walter or anyone reading this news.
> I only want to warn the community. This is a mistake. Bad direction.
>
> Regards,
> Tamás Nagy
> Hungary

You are kidding, right?  I've been specifically sitting on all my
projects, twiddling my thumbs, just waiting /for/ the new
final|const|invariant!  Now I'm just waiting for Tango to go D/2.0 and I
can get down to serious work again (finally).  This is going to save me
plenty of memory costs (imagine, no longer .dup'ing lots of strings and
other arrays just to play it safe against silly end users modifying what
they shouldn't) not to mention debugging headaches.

Yes... clearly you must be kidding.

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls