Emacs & D wiki update

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Mar 1 14:26:27 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> I updated the info on emacs at Wiki4d, for any y'all using emacs for
> your D coding.
>
> In particular I spent way too much time today figuring out how to get
> M-x compile to actually take to to the source given DMD compiler error
> messages.
>
> Note to Walter:  *all* error messages should be prefixed with "Error"
> "Warning" or "Remark" if you want emacs to grok them out of the box.
> Currently it's hit-or-miss.  Some of them are, some of them aren't.

I think standardized compiler messages are a must to gain acceptance of
D. Thanks Bill for the great work!

I am getting the following error with both emacs21 and a Xft-capable
version that I built from a later branch:

File mode specification error: (void-variable c-symbol-key)

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrei