New Layout Wiki4D [OT]

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:58:54 PST 2007

Pragma wrote:
> Daniel Keep wrote:
>> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roc/archives/2005/03/gecko_18_for_we.html
>>
>> Of course, you'll need a fairly recent version of a Mozilla browser.
>> Just try resizing the window left and right to see what happens.
>
> That's about as solid an example as anyone could hope for.  Thanks for
> sending that. :)
>
> .columns {
>     -moz-column-width: 20em;
>     -moz-column-gap: 3em;
>     -moz-column-rule: medium solid;
>     -webkit-column-width: 20em;
>     -webkit-column-gap: 3em;
>     -webkit-column-rule: medium solid;
> }
>
> Shame it uses all proprietary styles, but at least it degrades well on IE.

Well, all new "experimental" CSS styles in Mozilla start off life as
"-moz-*" properties.  The thing here is that, IIRC, all the -moz-* ones
above are actually CSS3 Columns save for the prefix (the same goes for
Safari.)  They do it this way because at the time the spec hadn't been
finalised.

But yeah, it is pretty cool :)

	-- Daniel

--
Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even
make sense.