x86_64 support please!

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Fri Mar 2 05:59:47 PST 2007

Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
> Kiriakos Alexoglou wrote:
>
>> Please Walter add support for x86_64!
>>
>> I use Suse Linux 10.0 and developing in Qt and
>> I want to try make Qt bindings for dmd.
>>
>> The bindings that exist for Qt right now,
>> can all work with x86_64 architectures.
>>
>> In my personal opinion x86_64 support is
>> more important than adding additional feutures to dmd.

vote--. That may be true, but do you have any idea how much work this
would involve?? (Hint: begin by implementing a linker from scratch).
We'd lose Walter for a year! Has to happen someday, but I don't think
Walter should put any thought into it until GDC-64 is firmly established.

OTOH, I hope we get a working GDC-x64 very soon.