GDC release 0.23

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Mar 6 01:20:46 PST 2007

>> GDC now supports 64-bit targets! A new x86_64 Linux binary is
>> available and the MacOS X binary supports x86_64 and ppc64.
>
> Excellent news! I'll try it on ppc64 Linux too (Fedora Core)

Except for some strange (temporary?) build error with soft-float,
it built just fine for powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu (with FC5/PPC*)
Could post some binaries later if wanted, the config diffs were:
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/gdc-0.23-powerpc-config.diff (Phobos)

Only tried "Hello World", but it seems to be working as advertised.
(i.e. -m32 gives you a 32-bit and -m64 gives you a 64-bit binary)

So you can probably add "PowerPC64" to the list of Linux platforms!

--anders

* The FC5/PPC installation supports both ppc and ppc64 platforms
   unlike FC5/x86 which has one "i386" and one "x86_64" install.