GDC release 0.23

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 23:20:21 PST 2007

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:13:42 -0500, David Friedman wrote:

> This should have already been in the README...
>
> The best way to use the binary package is to extract wherever you want
> (/opt, $HOME/sw, etc...) and add the 'gdc/bin' directory to your PATH.
>
> Trying to copy the files into /usr is a bad idea unless you know that
> the GCC version and configuration is exactly the same.
>
> David

I agree that using the home directory is the best way. I've been doing it
this way, and it works very well.

It's also quite easy to append the ~/gdc/bin path inside the bash startup
script for the console (typically '.bashrc' or '.bash_profile').  That way,
it becomes really simple to run the gdc executable from the commandline.
Add 'rebuild' to the mix and compiling projects with gdc becomes a snap. :)

-JJR