Tango and Google Summer of Code

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sun Mar 11 14:47:27 PDT 2007

Tango has applied as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code
(http://code.google.com/soc). Whether we are accepted will be announced on
wednesday, March 14th, and if we are, students can start to apply at that
point and until March 24th.

For initial thoughts and ideas for Tango projects, look at
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/GsocIdeas

Feel free to suggest additional projects, or flesh out ideas already there
or ask in #d.tango for more information.

We are very much hoping that Tango will get mentor organization status, and
that those among you that are students will enjoy the opportunity to become
a contributor (and a paid one at that!).

Additional information and mentor organization application status will be
posted in this thread. Feel free to ask questions in our forums.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net