OT: Years of Errors

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Thu Mar 29 07:51:57 PDT 2007

Daniel Keep wrote:

> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:

>>> Hmm. When I translated it, it came back:
>>>
>>> "Das maschinen ist nicht for gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Sitz
>>> back und vatch das spitzensparken."
>> LOL.  The BlinkenLights text was on the wall at a school I attended
>> years ago.  I've never been able to forget it.
>>

>> Sean
>
> Aah, the wonders of the Intarwebs.  That I can have *no* idea what
> you're going on about, and have the full text inside of 15 seconds
> thanks to Google and Wikipedia is a miracle.  :)

Welcome to the shared experience that we used to only get from reading the same books, watching the same movies,
listening to the same music and traveling to the same places.  Now every "in joke" from the last 30 years or so is
archived for posterity.  The Internet is rapidly becoming one giant, shared hallucination, from which millions can
reflect upon rapidly and easily.  And to think this type of activity (peering into a computer screen for hours) used to
be labeled as 'anti social'.

</philosophical>

I was in the same boat.  I found it particularly interesting that the wikipedia article on "Blinkenlights" mentions that
there's a faux-English equivalent that German-speaking folks use.

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo