OT: Ubuntu (was: Entice Designer 0.8.2 release)

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Wed May 9 23:51:22 PDT 2007

> +I didn't like that I couldn't select multiple file with the mouse
> because I had no space to start my rectangle
> +you could only start below all the lines

>You can use Ctrl+Click and/or Shift+Click instead.

Can't use my keyboard form my bed :D

> > (and then there is the drag drop which won't bring a window to front
> > when I have something hanging above it
>
> IIRC there are settings for such things "somewhere".

> +I did find the option to bring windows up front after some time
> +but thats not what I meant

>If that helps somewhat, windows come to the front if you hover over
>their "button" in the Window list at the bottom of the screen.

That didn't work as it was the first thing I thought should have worked ..
but maybe this is solved with the new release.

>I think it's maybe possible to do that, but it would require creating a
>new keymap for your keyboard layout (possibly by extending an existing
>keymap for your keyboard).

Not in my time :D

>AltGr is less trouble than compose keys, but I have no idea if that's
>supported in one of the existing keymaps for your keyboard layout.

I think a beep should be avoided at all times, let the system think of what
I wanted.

>Did you install any graphics drivers that didn't come from the Ubuntu
>repositories?
No, should I have? (I have no clue as to where to find those )

>If you mean .ics profiles and related things, then yes that's what I
>mean.   :)

I'll look into that.
I'll try it all again within the new release in the next few weeks.