Deadlock presentation outcome

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Mon May 14 17:43:05 PDT 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote:
> Tom S wrote:
>> Charlie wrote:
>>>  > <general NG query> If you know of any other scripting approaches /
>>>  > languages that would do a better or comparable job to what I briefly
>>>  > described, let us know! Note: I've looked at all the scripting
>>> languages
>>>  > listed at wikipedia and gamedev.net's 'Scripting and Mods' forum FAQ
>>>  > </general>
>>>
>>> Have you considered minid -> http://dsource.org/projects/minid ?
>>
>> Dang! No :o  *runs quickly to dsource*  Thanks for the reminder :D
>
> You also didn't mention Python. (+ Pyd wrapper from
> http://dsource.org/projects/pyd)

It was listed at wikipedia *g*

It's heavier than Lua and I don't know if it would offer anything more
than Squirrel... It would surely introduce a different syntax, e.g. many
people don't like the whitespace code grouping.

As for Pyd, I'm not sure how much we'd (ab)use it. If we make some
bindings, they'll probably be done in such a way as to be able to use
multiple scripting languages or mix them. So either our wrapper will use
PyD, or we'll just go with the low level C API, *if* we decide to use
Python.

If it turns out that a general binding for many scripting languages
boils down to just a handful of templates, Python might be an option too :D

--
Tomasz Stachowiak
http://h3.team0xf.com/