Ideas for shortening "foreach_reverse" (was Re: I have a suggestion.)

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:47:56 PDT 2007

YonggangLuo wrote:
> i think it's will be a good idea to replace "foreach_reverse" with  "frr".
> "foreach_reverse" is too long as a keyword

I agree that foreach_reverse is way too long for a keyword. Also, it has
that unslightly underscore.

I think that frr is a little too short. Since it's a keyword that will
be rarely used, newcomers to D will likely get confused.

I'm "voting" for foreachrev, but here's a whole list of decent
alternatives to the current "foreach_reverse" mess:

1. foreachrev
2. rforeach
3. revforeach

--