Deadlock presentation outcome

Anders Bergh anders at andersman.org
Thu May 17 17:01:40 PDT 2007

On 5/17/07, Tom S <h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> wrote:
> That's a valid point, but by heavy I also meant that it's slower than Lua.
> Lua itself isn't very pretty, but I've recently stumbled across this:
> http://metalua.luaforge.net/ and it seems really interesting.

And Lua[1] can be even faster, if you use LuaJIT[2] instead. I believe
one could use Psyco[3] for Python, which is also a JIT compiler.

What are your issues with the Lua syntax? There are patches[4] to make
it more C-ish, as in adding /* */ and // style comments, and C
operators instead of "and", "or", etc. But then you can no longer call
it Lua. I doubt you would be able to call Metalua-ized code Lua either
:-)

[1] http://lua.org/
[2] http://luajit.luaforge.net/
[3] http://psyco.sourceforge.net/