preparing for const, final, and invariant

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sun May 20 10:01:56 PDT 2007

Don Clugston wrote:

> Agreed. My experience of D has really reinforced to me that GUIs are
> evil for development. When developing logic or algorithms, it's a
> hundred times easier doing it with a console app. Run your GUI for
> testing and developing your GUI, and for *nothing else*.

Many of the C/C++ examples in MSDN are terrible for exactly this reason.
  There are perhaps 5-10 lines of useful information buried in pages of
useless stuff.  What I tend to do is develop algorithms and such
separately in a console app and only move it into the real app once I've
got it working properly.

Sean