[OT]: Threaded posts, quoting

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Sun May 20 14:41:21 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter Wrote:
> Manuel König wrote:
> > I second this.
> >
> > Doing it this way 'in' also keeps its expressive character of saying
> > "Hey, I am only the input and not that bunch of scope const final!",
> > which especially makes sense when compared to 'out' in terms of data
> > flow. And dismissing all of 'scope const final' just requires you to
> > declare your params as 'in', which will rarely be the case.
>
> Does nobody quote any more?  What are you seconding?

Are you using a news reader which displays posts in threads?  When you're not it can be annoying to find a post with no quotation, I agree.

The web interface (which I am using until I have my own PC) seems to have trouble correctly threading all the posts too.  Opera didn't seem to have any trouble when I last used it.

I suspect either some of our newsreaders/posters do not correctly format the headers in replies and/or the web interface isn't looking for some headers which Opera did and/or there is some clever trick Opera was used to thread them correctly.

Anyway, enough rambling.  ;)

Regan Heath