DMD 1.023 and 2.007 releases

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Fri Nov 2 23:41:27 PDT 2007

Robert Fraser wrote:
> D2 has a lot of features I want to use (__traits, overload sets, C++
> interface), but this (closures) is the first feature I'm actually
> considering switching for (esp. since there's an experimental Tango
> for D2 now, too).

I suspect that closures are one of those "stealth" features that will
produce a lot of unforeseen changes in how one uses D. For example, I
think a lot of the need for inner classes and overloading () will just
go away.

The other neat-o thing about closures is there's no new syntax and no
breakage, it's just things that didn't work before now work.

> Thanks, Walter, for this excellent release!

You're welcome!