a software used to learn D in China

=?x-gbk?Q?Julio_C=A8=A6sar_Carrascal_Urquijo?= jcarrascal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 07:39:30 PST 2007

z_axis wrote:
> dstudy v1.0.5-zh_CN
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/?43zkjgochws

I don't know Chinese so I can't comment on the documentation but, I
think it's a really neat idea to allow the student to modify and compile
the samples from the same window. Here are some observations:

* Syntax highlighting on the editor would be nice. The Scintilla control
has been ported several times. You could use one to have a better editor
embedded. What GUI library are you using?

* I think you should show the full command line used to compile the
program (dmd foo.d -debug -unittest...). That way the students will be
familiarized with the options of the DMD compiler. Which brings me to...

* I don't know if you can redistribute the DMD compiler like that. I
think Walter said something about not wanting redistribution of the
compiler to be able to track downloads. You should talk to Walter and
ask him for permission.

Overall I think this is a great way to introduce students to the
language. Have you considered translations? I could help you with a
Spanish version if you provide the English version.

--
Julio C¨¦sar Carrascal Urquijo
http://jcesar.artelogico.com/