MiniD binding library update, better compilation on Linux

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 10:08:12 PST 2007

"Sebastian Beschke" <s.beschke at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:fhuttd$uja$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I'd like to thank you for your work on MiniD (and your quick responses
> to requests).
>
> MiniD is an important building block of my current project, and I've so
> far found it very pleasant to work with. Once you get used to it and get
> a hold of all the concepts, it's mostly a "simply works" experience.

:)

> If there's one thing MiniD lacks, it's a really comprehensive manual. I
> find myself looking at the source code to find out what a certain method
> really does. Still, large parts of the interface are fairly clear and
> self-documenting.
>
> Keep it up :)

I've been wanting to make an online "book" about MiniD similar to
Ierusalimschy's "Programming in Lua".  Of course, I just haven't had the
time :\

But in the meantime, if you have any questions about the documentation, what
a method does, how to do something etc. _please_, please post something on
the forums.  Nothing helps improve docs and code more than an extra pair of
eyes :)

(also, are you "skabet"?)