D for Xcode 1.0

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Nov 21 00:07:19 PST 2007

Michel Fortin wrote:

> Today, I'm confident enough to release a first non-beta version. It
> includes some fixes and improvements. D fox Xcode is also more polished,
> showing proper D icons at the right places and automatically handling D
> files double-clicked from the Finder.

Excellent work!

> More importantly it becomes compatible with the Xcode 2.5 which was
> unlashed this month and which is available for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard in
> addition to 10.4 Tiger. I haven't tested the plugin on Leopard as I do
> not have Leopard at hand, but I'm confident it'll work (using Xcode 2.5,
> not with Xcode 3). Since D for Xcode depends on GDC to be useful, it'll
> also be interesting to hear about how well GDC runs on Leopard.

It is possible to use the GDC 0.24 version (for Tiger) with Leopard,
provided that the the GCC support files are added from the tarball
that were left out in the gdcmac PKG. (this is because it is looking
for the files for "darwin8", but can only find the new "darwin9" now)

Installing those in /usr/lib/gcc (maybe some in /usr/libexec/gcc)
makes it just fine to use GDC from Leopard as well (with Xcode 2.5).
I think you might even be able to install the GDC files under the
Xcode 2.5 install location (/Xcode2.5), but I haven't tried it yet.

> I want to thank specially Anders F Björklund for his comments, insights,
> and his help in testing the plugin.

You are welcome!

--anders

PS.
On a totally unrelated note, another Code::Blocks Mac build was posted:
http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20071115_rev4639_mac286.zip
It's not as nice as Xcode, but freely available under the GPL license.
(it uses wxWidgets, and is available for Windows and GNU/Linux as well)