D for Xcode 1.0

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Thu Nov 22 19:47:55 PST 2007

On 2007-11-22 06:48:24 -0500, Pablo Ripoll	s <in-call at gmx.net> said:

> Hello!
>
> I've observed that after installing the plug-in in the specified folder
> (which in my case I have to create it), the icon doesn't get
> automatically registered.  Besides, double-clicking in the default
> white icon doesn't launch any Xcode but the typical dialog offering
> which application to use.  Once I've chosen Xcode the double-clicking
> works and but the icon remains in its default unknown white state.  The
> Xcode gets launched and the editor window showing the source has no [d]
> icon on its title bar.

I suggest you duplicate the plugin in the Finder so the system take
notice of the hidden launcher application inside. Perhaps after that
you'll have to use the get info window on a D file to set the
associated application to the D for Xcode Launcher since you've
manually attached d documents to Xcode. I think will this you'll get
the icons. (You may need to reopen your user session to see the icon
change in the Finder.)

I'll have to check for a way to make the launcher application
registeration process more seamless for when the system fail to see
notice application by its own. Thank you for reminding me of this issue.

> On a side note, for if it helps, it can be observed that right clicking
> on a d file and selecting "Open With" shows Xcode duplicated:
> "Xcode.app" but also "Xcode.app (default)".  This is something which
> doesn't occur on c files for example.  Is this the expected behaviour?

I don't think this is related.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com