DDBG and Poseidon

Lester L. Martin II Lester at ewam-associates.com
Fri Nov 23 13:19:22 PST 2007

Charlie Wrote:

> > Walter, I'd like to do more with GDB, and expand the patch, but since the
> DWARF2
> > line number info is broke, I can't use GDB to do anything but stack traces
> on
> > segfaults.  I would appreciate if you would put a higher priority on this
> item.
> > Although there are still "show stopper" bugs, most of them aren't bugs
> people
> > run into on a daily basis.  Debugging is something that most people do on
> > daily basis, so I would argue it should be of high importance.
>
> We Win32 users would certainly like more debug info also :).  I wonder why
> this wasn't the first thing to be developed, seems it would be enourmously
> helpful from the start.
>
> Charlie
>

> "John Demme" <me at teqdruid.com> wrote in message
> news:d3sq2d$1094$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> > I've finally gotten my GDB patch working.  It's able to demangle most D
> symbols,
> > but a few weird ones still show up.  Anyway, the announcement (along with
> > directions) are here:
> > http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=734
> >
> > Please report bugs on the dsource forum, instead of cluttering up this NG.
> >
> > Walter, I'd like to do more with GDB, and expand the patch, but since the
> DWARF2
> > line number info is broke, I can't use GDB to do anything but stack traces
> on
> > segfaults.  I would appreciate if you would put a higher priority on this
> item.
> > Although there are still "show stopper" bugs, most of them aren't bugs
> people
> > run into on a daily basis.  Debugging is something that most people do on
> > daily basis, so I would argue it should be of high importance.
> >
> > John Demme

how do you get ddbg running for poseidon.  it gives me this error on ddbg 4invalid UTF-8 sequence.
Is it poseidon or ddbg because it happens in loading the windows dlls.
Is there a way to fix it.
I'd rather use it with Poseidon than codeblocks becaus of codecompletion and it's like Eclipse but less size so I don't get all those extra programming languages I won't use.

Well thanks for your help,
Lester L. Martin II