Phobos is now on dsource

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 26 16:42:19 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> Brad Roberts, el 26 de noviembre a las 11:07 me escribiste:
> > On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Alexander Panek wrote:

> > > Now that it's on dsource, maybe you should try and make use of Trac's
> > > features? Like milestones'n tickets and such. I suppose this would help
> > > monitoring the progress of Phobos and also make future plans more
> > > transparent to non-developers.
> >
> > For the short term (and quite possibly long term), I don't expect to use
>
> Any reason to not use git[1]? At least I saw Walter posting[2] to its mailing
> list, which made me thought that he were using (or planning to use) it for
> internal development...

Two reasons:

1) dsource doesn't (yet) support git and using the community standard site
is and was important to me.

2) git comes with an even higher learning curve than svn does.  While I
like what I see with git (been playing with and using it for various
personal project since it's inception), it's not ready for the teeming
masses, and by that I mean Walter.

3) Walter's post was D advertising, not him using it.

Later,
Brad