DMD 1.024 and 2.008 releases

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Wed Nov 28 12:29:57 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> This versin of dmd was compiled with the latest ubuntu, which
>>> probably uses the latest C runtime library. So can you install the
>>> latest C shared runtime library?
>>

>> I can't (OTOH I haven't tried using it yet but I'm using a rather old
>> copy of linux)
>

> Why not?

Laziness/incompetence mostly. Actually it has no Internet connection so
I would have to play a few fun games to get anything done.

Come to think of it though, I do have 2 blank hard drive in it that I
could play with....

Short version is it would be a pain. If you can build DMD with stuff
that won't require people to update it would save a lot of effort for a
bunch of people.