Does anyone want to work on a Linux port of the D Installer

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Oct 1 00:19:29 PDT 2007

Lester L. Martin II wrote:

>> However, there are shell scripts available that do similar thing as this
>> .NET installer (I think) in that they download from ftp.digitalmars.com:
>>
>> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/InstallingDCompiler

> I wasn't saying my project is better than shellscripts and such;
> I was just saying would you please port my application to linux

I don't know anything about porting C# and Windows.Forms, sorry.
Maybe it would be easier to "recreate" it from any screenshots ?

It's just that since Walter doesn't want DMD redistributed and
doesn't like installers, I haven't done anything since DMD 1.0.
(the license prohibits distribution, and ZIP is the preferred
distribution format on both the Windows and "linux" platforms)

I'm sure that there is someone else that will make a graphical
installer for DMD and DSSS, but I'm using packages myself...

--anders