Drat! A packrat parser!

0ffh spam at frankhirsch.net
Wed Oct 3 08:31:31 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a packrat parser library called "Drat!".

The current version (pre-alpha) v.0.1 can be found here:

   http://wiki.dprogramming.com/Drat/HomePage

So now you cry "We have loads of parser generators already!"?

Here goes:

  * Ever wanted to be able to use &!?*+ not only in regular
    expressions, but in your *parsing_rules*?
    With Drat! you can!

  * Sick of unreadable generated parser code?
    Drat! is a library, it needs *no* code generation step!

  * Do you want to be able to understand the parser you use?
    Not all in Drat! is trivial, but you have a sporting chance!

  * Do you want your parser to be fast and linear in time?
    Drat! is!

The current (temporary) drawbacks of Drat! are:

  * Documentation is *very* sparse right now, but the example
    programme is lavishly commented.

  * No user error messages when parsing fails.

  * You *want* a code generator? Make a request! :)

Regards,

   frank / 0ffh