DMD 1.022 and 2.005 releases

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 17:16:48 PDT 2007

"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:fe6f68$1gm8$1 at digitalmars.com...
<snip>
> 3. How about making it so that D dynamic array parameters become, on the
> C++ side, two parameters: length and pointer?

I've just been thinking a bit more about this.  I guess it's just a matter
of name mangling - I haven't checked, but it would appear from the old
printf-on-strings issue that pushing two arguments in succession is
equivalent to pushing the concatenation of (the memory representations of)
them in one go.  (Is this platform dependent?)

It's safer in C++ than in C, because if the writer of the C++ code
misremembers which way round they go, the mangled names won't match.

Stewart.

--
My e-mail address is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies
on the 'group where everybody may benefit.