DMD 1.022 and 2.005 releases

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 17:42:56 PDT 2007

"Frits van Bommel" <fvbommel at REMwOVExCAPSs.nl> wrote in message
news:fe995o$3de$1 at digitalmars.com...
<snip>
> Also, AFAIK the compiler would be well within its rights to use the
> opposite order of .length and .ptr in memory; meaning that even if the C
> calling convention allows this the order they're passed in isn't
> guaranteed.

Not according to
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/abi.html

But one thing that might affect whether it works is if, on a given system,
the memory layout of the stack goes the other way or is even non-linear.

Stewart.

--
My e-mail address is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies
on the 'group where everybody may benefit.