libarchive headers for D

Anders Bergh anders1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 08:57:47 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I just converted the libarchive[1] headers earlier today. libarchive
is a library that can read/write several formats, such as .tar. I
think the website will explain it better than I ever could so check it
out.

You can find my port at my Mercurial repository[2]. Using the
Mercurial web interface you can download the latest version as
.tar.gz, .tar.bz2 and .zip.

The ported headers use Tango for some types, such as int64_t, off_t,
etc. If you want to use this with Phobos you'll have to alias them
yourself or import the proper modules.

I haven't really tested this yet, but it should work. To compile /
install it you can use DSSS by running "dsss build" then "dsss
install". Net install will come later.

Anders

[1] http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/libarchive/
[2] http://hg.dronehive.net/libarchive-d/