DMD 1.022 and 2.005 releases

Aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Sun Oct 7 23:55:11 PDT 2007

Walter Bright pisze:
> Craig Black wrote:
>>
>> "Jascha Wetzel" <firstname at mainia.de> wrote in message
>> news:fe63ji$10r2$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>> maybe the docs for c++ interfacing should mention, that it requires a
>>> compatible c++ compiler to work (DMC or MSVC on windows and GCC 3.x
>>> on linux?).
>>
>> I don't think MSVC will work.  Only DMC.  Or am I wrong?
>
> It does follow MSVC's name mangling scheme and function interface. It
> should work with MSVC compile C++ DLLs.

I just wonder if it wouldn't be better to allow external plugins for
DMD. This way you could just create different plugins to allow different
name mangling and different interpretation of data in extern() sections...

We could have then different plugins written by external vendors eg:
CPP_GCC
CPP_MSVC
Pascal
etc.

Walter, did you think about solution like this? Is there possibility to
implement this?

Regards
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)