D moves up to #12, edging out Delphi

Bruce Adams tortoise_y4 at yeah.who.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 13:58:37 PDT 2007

Walter Bright Wrote:

> http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm

Congratulations!

Just one question. I note that one of the aspects the index is based on is the availability of courses and professional engineers. This could be read to imply that there are now a significant number of training courses and commercial projects being developed in D. Is this the case (I've had my head in the sand for a bit)?
I would have thought there was still more Delphi and (though it sickens me) more COBOL floating around in the real world (tm).