DMD 1.022 and 2.005 releases

James Dennett jdennett at acm.org
Tue Oct 9 22:48:30 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> janderson wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> You're welcome.

>>> It's a bit of a shot in the dark. I'm very curious to see how it will
>>> work out.
>>
>> I think once this feature matures, another article highlighting the
>> feature will go a long way to making them aware of the feature.  It
>> will be interesting to see how/where people plug D into their C++ apps.
>>
>> -Joel
>
> Another angle is that *no other language* provides any sort of hook into
> C++.

Felix does (and has been around for roughly as long as D).  It was
explicitly designed around C++ interoperability, and offers all
sorts of goodies including extensible syntax, GC, functional
capabilities and more.  But so far Felix has fewer than 100 users, and
probably fewer than 50.  D must be doing something right.

-- James