DMD 1.022 and 2.005 releases

KlausO oberhofer at users.sf.net
Tue Oct 9 23:55:28 PDT 2007

Brad Roberts schrieb:

> It's my understanding that C# does as well, but I don't have any direct
> knowledge or experience with it.

C# does not connect to C++ directly (via name mangling). You can invoke
C funktions and specify struct alignments for struct used in these calls.
When it comes to interfaces and callbacks/callback interfaces you have
to use Managed C++. COM Interop is the keyword, but IMHO, the syntax is
sometimes weird and you have to write RCW/CCW (stands for "Runtime
Callable Wrapper" and "COM Callable Wrapper") pairs in Managed C++ to
support (COM) interfaces.
There is a good book about this:

http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=067232170X&rl=1