DSSS 0.73 released.

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Thu Oct 11 08:27:39 PDT 2007

Knud Soerensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install DSSS 0.73 on linux.
> and have add the steps on the wiki
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/wiki/WikiStart
>
> But my installation fail in the last step when trying to
> install dsss-test I get:
> gcc dsss_objs/D/sss.test.main.o dsss_objs/D/sss.test.test.o
> dsss_objs/D/nmd_gcstats.o -o dsss_test -m32 -Xlinker --start-group
> -lphobos -Xlinker -L./ -Xlinker -L/home/knud/dsss/lib/ -Xlinker
> -L/home/knud/dsss/lib -Xlinker -L/home/knud/d/lib -Xlinker
> -L/home/knud/dsss/lib -Xlinker -L/home/knud/dsss/lib -lphobos -lpthread -lm
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lphobos
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> --- errorlevel 1
> Command /home/knud/dsss/bin/rebuild returned with code 65280, aborting.
> Error: Command failed, aborting.
>

> What am I missing ???

This is the problem with wikis :)

I didn't make those instructions, please disregard them. There is a file
README-BINARIES.txt next to the binaries which explains how to install them.

(On the one hand, that doesn't explain this failure, but on the other
hand, those instructions look a bit wonky to me)

  - Gregor Richards